Providence Church is the owner of all intellectual properties and content displayed on our websites; and has the exclusive right to use these copyrighted designs and content. We consider all our intellectual properties to be very important assets of our websites and will protect them from unauthorized use by others.
You are free to use any information on this website for your study or edification. Please reference this site and/or author as your source.
The use of any information for financial gain is prohibited.
Downloading for personal use of sermon audio files is permitted. Please contact the minister/author, webmaster, or the Privacy Office for permission for any other use.
Providence Canadian Reformed Church is committed to protecting individual privacy on the Internet.
Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act
We know how important your privacy is and we are committed to collecting, using and disclosing personal information responsibly and only to the extent necessary. We comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA"), which requires us to provide this policy to you on request.
Personal information means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, a physical address, financial information and opinions expressed by an individual. As defined, "personal information" means information about an identifiable individual, but does not include the name, title, or business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization.
This policy explains how we collect, use and safeguard the personal information you provide to us to assist you in making informed decisions when using our services.
When we collect personal information from you should be aware:
- That we operate the following website: http://providencechurch.ca /. This website may collect non-personal information such as your network location (IP address), the pages you visit, time of visit, your operating system and browser, in order to generate website traffic reports. Furthermore, this website includes forms where you can voluntarily provide us with personal contact and other information.
- That we collect personal information submitted by users on a voluntary basis for our own internal use and for the purpose of providing you with information regarding your inquiries and any other information you have requested. Information from users is only maintained as needed to fulfill the stated purpose.
Collection and/or Disclosure of Personal Information
Providence Church will not sell or distribute your personal information to third parties, unless specifically authorized by you or as required by law. Providence Church meets the obligations imposed by PIPEDA with respect to the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal information by taking the following steps:
- Accountability - Access to information is restricted on a need to know basis and protected via appropriate hardware and software. Our Privacy Office can be contacted regarding compliance with PIPEDA.
- Identifying purposes - We have identified the purposes for which we collect personal information as outlined above. We require the consent of our visitors/members prior to using their personal information for any purpose other than that for which it was originally collected.
- Consent - Providence Church is committed to ensuring that you are aware of how your personal information is used and that you have consented to provide this information. Where required by law we may disclose personal information without your knowledge and consent.
- Limiting collection - Providence Church collects only as much personal information to fulfill the purposes stated. We collect personal information only by lawful and fair means.
- Limiting use, disclosure and retention - Providence Church does not use and/or disclose your personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, unless it has first obtained your consent.
- Accuracy - Providence Church is committed to maintaining accurate, complete, and up-to-date personal information. If over the course of time, any of your information changes, please inform us so that we can make any necessary changes and/or update the information.
- Safeguards - To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have taken steps to make sure all information received from our online visitors is as secure as possible against unauthorized access and use.
- Individual access - You may request access to your personal information held by us. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access.
- Challenging compliance - If you wish to make a formal complaint about our privacy practices, you may make it in writing to our Privacy Office. We are committed to resolving disputes in a timely manner. We will investigate your complaint and respond via email, fax, or telephone.
Like many other websites, Providence Church's website uses an Internet tool called a "cookie.” Cookies are small bits of data that we send to your computer to track visitor activity on our site. This information is used to help us develop content that responds to the interests of our site visitors.
Links to External Websites
Providence Church's website provides links to other websites that we believe provide relevant information, but we are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of these websites.
Providence Canadian Reformed Church Attn: Administrator/Privacy Office PO Box 90006, Golf Links RPO, Ancaster, Ontario L9K 0B4 Email: Privacy Office
For general inquiries about privacy legislation and policies in the private sector, you may contact: The Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada 112 Kent Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1H3 Telephone: 1 (613) 995-8210 Toll-free: 1 800 282-1376 Fax: 1 (613) 947-6850 Website: www.privcom.gc.ca
Every Sunday at 9:30am & 3:30pm